Are you already a member? Click here to login
Focus on shapes and colour to make our zingy ice lollies
Already registered? Click Here to login
Something that always sparks joy in the summer months is the sound of the ice cream van. The rush to find shrapnel, racing outside, the excitement of deciding what to have… it’s small pleasures like this that have the ability to turn frowns upside down. In celebration, Corinne Bradd has crafted classic lollies from paper, using minimal supplies but having lots of fun in the process. Which design is making your mouth water?
YOU WILL NEED:
FREE Ice Lolly templates
Cardstock, various colours
Adhesives: 3D foam pads, glue
1. Download the templates from our website and copy them onto thin scrap card by tracing around them. Group the lollies by letter and cut each piece from brightly coloured, contrasting cardstock.
2. Use the blade of a pair of scissors to gently curve the edges of each piece under. Layer together using 3D foam pads close to the lower edges of the layers, then glue the top portions together to give a slight 3D effect.
3. For the Zoom-style lolly, use a ball-ended tool to score slanted diagonal lines from the top point to the base. Concertina fold along the lines and re-flatten before layering, using 3D foam pads in the centre sections to give the raised shape.
4. For the Twister-inspired design, lay the pink and yellow swirls evenly down the length of the base before glueing in place at the same angle. With all lollies, trim any overlaps from the edges once they are assembled.
5. Fix a lolly stick to the centre back of each one, ensuring it is in line with the top. Use a hole punch to create hundreds and thousands from leftover cardstock. Fix to the lollies as desired with spots of PVA.
In a hurry? Download our FREE Ice Lolly SVG files and cut them out on your digital cutting machine!
We’re not sure about you, but glitzy cards of all shapes and sizes hold a special place in our hearts. There’s something about a bit of glitter and pizzazz that…
If you don’t already, make sure to save your blunter needles from sewing fabrics as these are perfect for paper and cardstock. The same goes for old bits of thread…
For all our fancy florals, luxurious card fronts and sumptuous embellishments, it helps to remember that it’s not all about how it looks – quite often it’s about what a greeting…
Gemini’s Magical Wishes stamp and die set is such great value considering you get three separate dies for creating three different ‘over the edge’ style card shapes. As they’re in smaller…