Are you already a member? Click here to login
These versatile and easy-to-use laser-cut motifs are perfect for speedy Christmas card designs. Here, Jenny Pearce shows you how to make a beautiful card suitable for the festive season.
Already registered? Click Here to login
1. Fold a piece of white card and cut to approximately 15cm wide and 14.5cm tall. Cut a 3cm strip of lilac card and position horizontally across the bottom. Add a poinsetta and houses border to it as shown.
2. Cut a rectangle of bright pink card slightly smaller than the remaining white section. Cut a 3” circle from lilac card and a 1.5” circle from pale pink card. Stick towards the top right corner, with a ‘Merry Christmas’ circle border around the pink one. Cut around the bright pink card to the top right corner, leaving a border showing. Matt onto pale pink card and then onto the white card front, cutting away the right corner of the card to match.
3. Stick a snowflake round border on the lilac circle and add a ‘Tis the Season’ sentiment and decorative bauble to it. Stick the parcel sentiment with sticky pads to the pale pink circle.
4. Snip the trees from the sheet and glue, adding white glitter to one. Cover the other with lilac ink and lilac glitter. Stick this one to white card. Layer beside each other to the left of the card with sticky pads, under the lilac layered tree only. Add bells to the top left. Line the back inside of the card with lilac patterned paper, leaving a white border showing. Add lilac jewel stones where shown.
Find out more about Stylish Silhouettes here. We’ve got more brilliant ideas using them in issue 99 of PaperCrafter, on sale from 26th August 2016.
YOU WILL NEED:
Cardstock, various colours
Adhesives: glue, double-sided tape, 3D foam pads
1. Score and fold acetate, 5cm x 20cm, in half lengthways to make a blank.…
We’re not sure about you, but glitzy cards of all shapes and sizes hold a special place in our hearts. There’s something about a bit of glitter and pizzazz that…
If you don’t already, make sure to save your blunter needles from sewing fabrics as these are perfect for paper and cardstock. The same goes for old bits of thread…
Something that always sparks joy in the summer months is the sound of the ice cream van. The rush to find shrapnel, racing outside, the excitement of deciding what to have… it’s…