Honeycomb paper not only adds texture and dimension to your designs, but also a sense of fun! This on-trend technique may seem complicated, but it’s surprisingly incredibly easy to achieve with limited supplies in just nine easy steps. PaperCrafter designer, Colette Smith simply layers tissue papers in bright and bold colours to create a cheerful rainbow effect, ideal for birthdays or a simple hello!
YOU WILL NEED:
Templates from papercraftermagazine.co.uk
Tissue paper: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, purple
Ink pad, black
Fine liner, black
• 1.Download, print and the glue placement templates A and B from our website and cut out. Trim eight sheets of red tissue paper to 6cm x 10cm
• 2.Lay a piece of tissue paper onto template A and use the marker lines as a guide to add thin strips of glue
• 3.Place another sheet of tissue paper over the first and press down firmly
• 4.Lay the tissue paper onto template B and glue across the marked lines
• 5.Continue with the alternate layers of glue until all eight sheets have been used. Trim the remaining six colours of tissue paper into eight 6cm x 10cm and glue into place
• 6.Fix a 6cm x 10cm panel of card to the front and back of the stack of tissue papers and trim the left side
• 7.Download, print and cut out the balloon and basket templates from our website. Lay the straight edge of the balloon along the left edge of the tissue papers. Draw around in pencil and cut out
• 8.Add clouds, a sun and a simple sentiment to the inside of a 10.5cm x 14.5cm blank. Adhere the balloon to the centre, lining up with the fold
• 9.Cut out and score the basket from brown card and stick to the centre of the blank, in line with the centre fold. Draw the ropes with a black fine liner and decorate the front of the card with clouds and a sun
Craft essentials, PaperCrafter Templates,Tape, foil, Drinking straws, spotty redMETHOD 1 Take a 7.5cm x 9.5cm rectangle of patterned paper. Cut a 4.5cm x 6.5cm aperture from the centre. Mount...
You will need: Craft essentials, FREE PaperCrafter patterned papers, Glitter paper, Acetate, Glitter, iridescent, Buttons, white, Dies, various circles, Punch, small holeMETHOD 1 Create a 13cm x 18cm top-folding white...
You will need: Craft Essentials, Stamps: My Favorite Things Polar Pals, Lawn Fawn Winter Big Scripty Words, Dies: My Favorite Things Polar Pals, Icebergs; W Plus 9 Landscape Borders, Ink pads:...
YOU WILL NEED: Craft essentials; corner punch; sequins; feather die; sentiment stamp; tape pen, Red Liner tapeApply to be our next Designer for the Day by sending an email...