Honeycomb paper not only adds texture and dimension to your designs, but also a sense of fun! This on-trend technique may seem complicated, but it’s surprisingly incredibly easy to achieve with limited supplies in just nine easy steps. PaperCrafter designer, Colette Smith simply layers tissue papers in bright and bold colours to create a cheerful rainbow effect, ideal for birthdays or a simple hello!
YOU WILL NEED:
Templates from papercraftermagazine.co.uk
Tissue paper: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, purple
Ink pad, black
Fine liner, black
• 1.Download, print and the glue placement templates A and B from our website and cut out. Trim eight sheets of red tissue paper to 6cm x 10cm
• 2.Lay a piece of tissue paper onto template A and use the marker lines as a guide to add thin strips of glue
• 3.Place another sheet of tissue paper over the first and press down firmly
• 4.Lay the tissue paper onto template B and glue across the marked lines
• 5.Continue with the alternate layers of glue until all eight sheets have been used. Trim the remaining six colours of tissue paper into eight 6cm x 10cm and glue into place
• 6.Fix a 6cm x 10cm panel of card to the front and back of the stack of tissue papers and trim the left side
• 7.Download, print and cut out the balloon and basket templates from our website. Lay the straight edge of the balloon along the left edge of the tissue papers. Draw around in pencil and cut out
• 8.Add clouds, a sun and a simple sentiment to the inside of a 10.5cm x 14.5cm blank. Adhere the balloon to the centre, lining up with the fold
• 9.Cut out and score the basket from brown card and stick to the centre of the blank, in line with the centre fold. Draw the ropes with a black fine liner and decorate the front of the card with clouds and a sun
YOU WILL NEED: Craft essentials; Dies; Creative Expressions Necessities - In The Tool Box; Crafts Too Tools embossing folder; acetate; Cosmic Shimmer clear glueApply to be our next Designer...
YOU WILL NEED: Craft essentials FREE PaperCrafter patterned papers Dies: circle, scalloped circleMETHOD 1 Create a 13cm x 17cm white blank then cover the front with orange card. Cut tennis...
YOU WILL NEED: Craft essentials Paper collection, Reverse Confetti Cheerful and Kind Dies: SugarPea Designs Dad Words, Paper Smooches Mustaches Tonic Studios confetti AcetateMETHOD 1 Sketch a moustache shape onto...
YOU WILL NEED: Craft essentials Paper collection, Reverse Confetti Cheerful and Kind Dies: SugarPea Designs Dad Words Tonic Studios confetti AcetateMETHOD 1 Draw a tie shape onto paper and cut...