Are you already a member? Click here to login
Recycle old news the crafty way with Jenny Pearce’s quirky make
Already registered? Click Here to login
Paper is a lovely medium to work with. Newspaper is often overlooked but the printed page can work well within your crafting projects and is on trend right now. Of course, covering items such as notebooks and pencil pots is an option.
You could also use newspaper to make papier-mâché. Alternatively, why not create a three dimensional item like this rose that I’ve used to decorate a gift box?
• Tear the newspaper up for a decoupage effect, or weave strips for different results.
• Take a diagonal length of folded newspaper and roll it into a spiral to create the centre of the flower.
• Cut another sheet into petals, pinching each shape at the base. I’ve made the leaves stronger by trimming out shapes from two layers of newsprint stuck together.
• To create the stem, simply twist a newspaper strip then add extra decoration to the base of the box by sticking squares of paper at an angle all around to create a pattern.
• You could also add gems, feathers, coloured paper and inking techniques. Why not try creating something similar from a coloured newspaper like the Financial Times?
You will need: Craft essentials, Stamps, Avery Elle Bewitching, Dies: Avery Elle Bewitching; Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangles; My Favorite Things Stitched Rounded Rectangles; Moonstone Nesting Circles, Inks: VersaMark;…
You will need: Craft essentials, Scoreboard, Knitting needle (optional)
1 Place a piece of landscape oriented orange card on a scoring board and score at 1cm intervals. Flip the card over…
3D Snow Dome
1. Measure the width of your dome base…
YOU WILL NEED:
Stephanie Weightman Deluxe Cardmaking Kit
Adhesives: glue, 3D foam pads
1. Take two 11cm square cards and lay them flat, right side up. Score 1cm down the…