Are you already a member? Click here to login
Make fantastic ghoulish candy containers for your Holloween parties with this fun project using a Cricut Explore.
Already registered? Click Here to login
Cricut Explore™ machine, Cricut Design Space™ software, 12” x 12” standard grip cutting mat, Cricut vinyl in Midnight and Silver, Cricut tool set, Vinyl transfer tape, Glass vases of varying heights
The Cricut Explore is a revelation for papercrafters and budding designers. By simply designing, cutting, writing or scoring, a wide range of items can be made in just minutes with a variety of materials including card, fabric, iron on, vinyl, denim, felt and even faux leather.
The machine is great for so many projects and occasions, so every week in September we’re going to show you a fab Halloween make so you can prepare for your spooky shin-digs well in advance. For more inspiration, there is a huge range of ‘ready to make’ projects from Cricut Design Space.
• Connect the Cricut Explore™ to the computer. Log on to your Design Space™ account, search for ‘parties & events’ in the categories and select the Halloween Candy Container project.
• Click on ‘Customise’.
• Resize the images as required for your chosen vases by first highlighting the image and then dragging the corner point. The size appears in a black text box as the image is altered.
• Cut the images from Midnight and Silver Cricut vinyl, turning the Smart Dial™ to ‘vinyl’.
TIP: Use the scraper tool to apply the vinyl to the mat; this ensures good contact and removes any air bubbles.
• Carefully remove the vinyl from the cutting mat. Use the weeder tool to remove the unwanted pieces. Use the vinyl transfer tape to apply the images to the vases. Fill with candy.
TOP TIP! Cut these images from iron-on vinyl and iron them on to T-shirts to create funky Halloween party outfits.
Available from Create & Craft, selected Hobbycraft stores, Amazon.co.uk and other well-known craft retailers and etailers at £249.99 including VAT.
You will need: Craft essentials, Stamps, Avery Elle Bewitching, Dies: Avery Elle Bewitching; Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangles; My Favorite Things Stitched Rounded Rectangles; Moonstone Nesting Circles, Inks: VersaMark;…
You will need: Craft essentials, Scoreboard, Knitting needle (optional)
1 Place a piece of landscape oriented orange card on a scoring board and score at 1cm intervals. Flip the card over…
3D Snow Dome
1. Measure the width of your dome base…
YOU WILL NEED:
Stephanie Weightman Deluxe Cardmaking Kit
Adhesives: glue, 3D foam pads
1. Take two 11cm square cards and lay them flat, right side up. Score 1cm down the…