Give gouache a go with Ingrid Vichova’s elegant floral duo
Already registered? Click Here to login
YOU WILL NEED:
Gouache paints, Paper Fashion Set 1
Stamps: Altenew Hibiscus Bouquet, Label Love
Inks: Tsukineko VersaFine Onyx Black; Tsukineko Memento Luxe Angel Pink, Dandelion, Pear Tart; Ranger Distress Oxide
Watercolour paper, Canson Hot Press 250gsm
Craft foam sheet, white
1. Dilute the yellow and red gouache paints and create an ombré colour wash on watercolour paper, 10.5cm x 15cm. Let it dry. Use the same paints, but in a thicker, cream-like consistency, to apply wider stripes on top of the panel.
2. Add little dashes with pink paint. Allow to dry, then trim around the edges. Stamp flowers and leaves onto smooth, white card with the
VersaFine and Memento Luxe inks, then cut them out.
3. Stamp a sentiment and adhere all the elements onto the painted panel. Fix to a 10.5cm x 15cm side-opening white blank to finish.
1. Paint watercolour card, 10.5cm x 15cm, with some diluted blue gouache paint, creating an ombré effect. Let it dry. Stamp flowers and leaves with Antique Linen distress ink, allowing them to overlap.
2. Paint the motifs, adding depth with shading and highlights as before, and building up the consistency as you go. Once dry, trim the panel and adhere it onto a 10.5cm x 15cm blank. Stamp a sentiment, cut it into a banner and fix in place.
1. For the back and base, trim two rectangles from stiff card, one 8cm…
You don’t need to be an artist to recreate these watercolour cards by Francesca Vignoli – phew! Let your stamps guide the way or use wide brushes to create washes of…
YOU WILL NEED:
Stamps, Avery Elle Whiskers
Dies, Avery Elle Whiskers
Stencil, Heffy Doodle Wonderfully Woven
Cardstock: peach, white
Ink pads: Ranger Distress Oxide Dusty Concord, Shaded Lilac; brown
Embellishments: string or yarn, orange eyelets