Are you already a member? Click here to login
Inspired by our Flower Girls feature in PaperCrafter issue 120? Craft your very own bouquet of everlasting cosmo flowers with this free project from Flowersmith by Jennifer Tran (£20, Hardie Grant). This stunning new book is the ultimate guide to handcrafting and arranging delicate, intricate paper flowers. Whether you’re new to the craft or you’re a paper flower pro we’re sure you’ll enjoy this beautiful free spring project.
Already registered? Click Here to login
This project has been extracted from Flowersmith by Jennifer Tran (£20, Hardie Grant)
You will need: Craft essentials, free templates, scissors, pliers, toothpick, bamboo skewer, crepe paper 60gsm: pink, light green, yellow, 16-gauge wire, marker pens
• 1 Using pink paper, cut seven petals with template A. Colour the tips of each petal with a dark pink marker.
• 2 To create the stem cut a 30cm piece of wire. Wrap the entire length of the stem with
light green paper strip, securing with PVA glue.
• 3 For the centre of the flower cut a 2 x 10 cm strip of white or yellow paper. Gently stretch the piece of paper crosswise to increase the width to about 15 cm. If using white paper watercolour the strip with yellow paint. Once dry use a brown marker to colour the bottom 1.5 cm of the strip.
• 4 Finely fringe the top 1 cm of the yellow paper strip. Fold the fringed paper in half four times, until it resembles a tassel. Gently twist the fringe back and forth several times, then
unwrap the paper strip completely.
• 5 Wrap the unfringed edge of the paper strip around one end of the stem, securing with
PVA glue. Curl and ruffle the edges of the pink petals you prepared earlier.
• 6 Pinch together the bottom 1 cm of each petal. Attach the petals evenly around the base of the flower centre using PVA glue. Using light-green paper, cut one calyx with template B.
• 7 Twist and curl the individual sepals, then wrap the calyx around the stem, 5 mm below the base of the flower, so that the sepals are evenly distributed. Secure with PVA glue.
YOU WILL NEED:
Stamps, Create A Smile Best Bugs
Dies, Xcut Nesting Hexagons
1. Cut two pieces of white card to 14cm x 20cm and score…
YOU WILL NEED:
Dies: My Favorite Things Die-Namics Cross-stitch Rectangle
Stamps: My Favorite Things Fairy-Tale Friends
Embroidery thread: green, red, yellow, blue
Ink pad, black
Tool, fabric tracing wheel
YOU WILL NEED:
Dies: Tonic Studios Essentials Cross Stitch Circle Layering; Concord & 9th Just Because
Stamps: Clearly Besotted Scrumptious Occasions; Concord & 9th Just Because
Ink: Jet Black Archival; Ranger Distress Broken…
You will need:
Card: 210gsm textured white, 210gsm coloured card
Embellishments: glass beads, metallic sequins, acrylic gems
Sakura Quickie Glue Pen
Adhesive: PVA glue
Tools, spreading, scalpel, craft knife
1. Take a…