A greeting you can interact with will raise your card crafting game to new heights, so why not try Keren Baker’s floral spinner card? The spinner element is suspended amidst a z-fold greeting. And you’ll be utilising other techniques too – die cutting, stamping, embossing… you name it! Enjoy…
Already registered? Click Here to login
YOU WILL NEED:
Altenew dies: Decorative Swirls, Craft-A-Flower Buttercup, Mini Flower Cluster Layering Die Set, Craft-A-Flower Antique Rose, Reflections
Sugar Pea Designs Everyday Sentiments stamps
Versafine Clair Nocturne ink pad
WOW! Super Fine white embossing powder
My Favorite Things Wallpaper Patterns paper
Sakura white gel pen
Dies: hexagon, circle
Cardstock: white, yellow, pink, light green, mid green, dark green, light blue, mid blue, dark blue
1. Take a 16cm x 27cm piece of white cardstock and score at 7cm and 14cm. Make a mountain fold at the 7cm line and a valley fold at the 14cm line. Position a hexagon die centrally over the first fold and die cut the piece. Cut two smaller hexagons from white cardstock.
2. Cut a thin strip of blue cardstock along the front piece. Sandwich blue thread between the white hexagon pieces and stick them together. Adhere the thread onto the front section near the fold and affix the thin strips of blue over them, keeping the thread taut.
3. Die cut a larger hexagon from patterned paper, trim in half and position onto the front piece. Die cut another hexagon from light blue and adhere on the back of the second section.
4. Die cut the flower layers and glue together. Add a set of flowers to each side of the hexagon. Using a different one for each side, stamp the sentiments on dark blue cardstock in Versamark ink and apply white embossing powder. Heat to set.
5. Add a panel of pink cardstock onto the end section plus a thin strip of green cardstock and a larger piece of patterned paper. Twist the element several times and lay the card flat so that when the recipient opens it, the hexagon will spin.
1. For the back and base, trim two rectangles from stiff card, one 8cm…
You don’t need to be an artist to recreate these watercolour cards by Francesca Vignoli – phew! Let your stamps guide the way or use wide brushes to create washes of…
YOU WILL NEED:
Stamps, Avery Elle Whiskers
Dies, Avery Elle Whiskers
Stencil, Heffy Doodle Wonderfully Woven
Cardstock: peach, white
Ink pads: Ranger Distress Oxide Dusty Concord, Shaded Lilac; brown
Embellishments: string or yarn, orange eyelets