Are you already a member? Click here to login
Follow our nine steps below to stamp and emboss a charming Christmas card
Already registered? Click Here to login
PaperCrafter kit, Downloadable papers from papercraftermagazine.co.uk, Card, white, Versamark ink, Embossing powder, silver, light pink, Dies, 6cm circle, 6.5cm scallop-edged circle, Heat embossing tool, Adhesive gems, Buttons, pink
Here, Tracey Daykin-Jones’ four greetings make light of heat embossing — the method of creating a raised image through heat, which can be applied to give your card makes a dazzling new look!
• Take a white 12cm square card blank and cover the front with paper from a red envelope. Trim the wreath section of the card into a 11.2cm square and mount centrally to the red paper, leaving a small border.
• Stamp a reindeer onto red paper with Versamark ink and emboss with silver powder. Use a circle die to create a disc around the stamped image, 6cm in diameter. Die cut a 6.5cm scallop-edged circle and emboss again with silver powder.
• Layer the red circle onto the scallop-edged one, and stick in the centre of the wreath with foam pads. Adhere a 'Merry Christmas'sentiment to the bottom left.
• Stamp a reindeer onto red paper with Versamark ink and emboss with light pink powder. Use a 6cm circle die to cut around the image.
• Roughly mark a triangular shape centrally on the blue snowflake patterned card, with the peak 1cm from the top of the card, and each lower point 2.5cm from the bottom of the card and 1cm from each side.
• Arrange an assortment of die-cut motifs, including the stamped reindeer die-cut, within the triangular outline. When happy with the design, stick the elements down and fill any gaps with silver gems and pink buttons.
• Take a red card blank and stick the heart banner 3cm from the bottom. Adhere a dark blue border, light blue strip and thin border of mistletoe above the banner. Add a length of lace, securing inside the card.
• Cut three triangle shapes from the Christmas tree images and stick them to the left of the card. Stamp a reindeer onto white card using Versamark ink and purple embossing powder. Use a 6cm circle die around the motif.
• Make a 6.5cm scallop-edged circle from white card, ink the edges with Versamark ink and emboss with silver powder. Layer the stamped image onto this section and affix to the card with foam pads.
• Punch two small stars from a diecut cloud and stick to the top right of the card. Embellish with a pink button and silver gems.
• Cut a 12cm circle from white card, score and fold in half. Trim a 0.5cm line from the bottom edge of the back of the card so the card can stand securely.
• Cover the front of the card with a semicircle of patterned paper and mount a layer of holly patterned paper on top, leaving a 3mm border. Wrap twine around the fold in the card so it coils around the front three times and tie into a bow.
• Stamp a reindeer image onto green card and emboss using Versamark ink and silver powder. Trim to a 6cm circle and layer onto a 6.5cm scallop-edged disc of red card. Mount this section onto a 7cm circle of white card, and then again onto a 7.5cm scallop-edged disc of red card.
• Add the layered section to the card with foam pads on the bottom half of the motif only.
YOU WILL NEED:
Paint, Color Pour Magic Fiery Opal
Dies: Altenew Love Letters, Lawn Fawn Outside In Stitched Rectangle, Concord & 9th Hugs & Kisses Turnabout
Stamps, Concord & 9th Little Love Tags
Ink pad, Ranger…
YOU WILL NEED:
Templates from papercraftermagazine.co.uk
Brother ScanNCut CM900 machine
1. At full size, cut one plain heart from pale pink card and one chequered heart from a deeper pink, then…
You will need:
Embossing folder, Stampin’ Up! Layered Leaves
Embossing powder, white
Dies: Concord & 9th Just Because; Tonic Studios cross-stitched circle, stitched dot square; My Favorite Things Hooray, Wish
Inks: Catherine Pooler Sauna, Party…
You will need:
Patterned papers, American Crafts Jen Hadfield Reaching Out 12” x 12”
Punch, 5mm corner
Embellishments: mini bows, pearls
1 Cover a 10cm x 17cm top-folding white blank with heart paper. Trim gingham…