Are you already a member? Click here to login
Also known as relief embossing, dry embossing is the method of creating a raised design on paper, card or vellum. It can be done by hand using a stencil and embossing tool. It can also be achieved using a machine such as the Craftwell Cut ‘n’ Boss. Embossing is a great way of adding texture and dimension to your projects. Here, we’ll show you how to do easy embossing by hand.
Already registered? Click Here to login
This technique is great for creating interesting backgrounds and adding a professional look to your cards. The below design is a great example.
• Take your chosen stencil and flip it over so the design is reversed. Tape it to a light box or a well-lit work surface.
• Place your card or paper over the top and secure with tape.
• Use the ball-tip of an embossing tool to firmly press out your design.
• Turn over your design when finished to reveal the raised surface.
YOU WILL NEED:
Cardstock, various colours
Adhesives: glue, double-sided tape, 3D foam pads
1. Score and fold acetate, 5cm x 20cm, in half lengthways to make a blank.…
We’re not sure about you, but glitzy cards of all shapes and sizes hold a special place in our hearts. There’s something about a bit of glitter and pizzazz that…
If you don’t already, make sure to save your blunter needles from sewing fabrics as these are perfect for paper and cardstock. The same goes for old bits of thread…
Something that always sparks joy in the summer months is the sound of the ice cream van. The rush to find shrapnel, racing outside, the excitement of deciding what to have… it’s…