Are you already a member? Click here to login
Welcome the beauty of nature into your home with a colourful wall display, featuring a friendly fox, a papercut background and vibrant blooms. PaperCrafter designer Corinne Bradd reveals how simple it is to create an intricate, layered effect with her genius Brother ScanNCut machine and SVG cutting files. Be sure to put your stash of card scraps to good use and say farewell to waste!
Already registered? Click Here to login
YOU WILL NEED:
FREE Fox & Flower SVG Cutting Files
Embroidery hoop, 19cm
Dies: flowers, leaves
Digital die-cutting machine
1. Cut two 19cm circles, one from gold card and another from green. Place the gold disc to one side and draw a ring around the green circle, 1cm in from the outside edge.
2. Sketch and cut out pointed and rounded leaf sprigs onto card to use as a template. Draw around these onto the green circle, building up a background ring of foliage and cut out with a craft knife.
3. Glue the green foliage ring to the back of the embroidery hoop and adhere the gold disc behind this with 3D foam pads. Use the same foliage templates to cut out several more sprigs from slightly lighter green card.
4. Add the extra leaves to the papercut background inside the hoop with 3D foam pads. Cut more leaves from various shades of blue card and arrange these around the top edge of the embroidery hoop.
5. Die cut different sized flowers from three shades of pink andred card. Glue the flowers into bunches, covering the ends of the foliage pieces. Use the smallest blossoms to decorate the leaves inside the hoop.
6. Download the fox template from our website and cut out the elements from orange and white card. Paper piece the face together, use black card for the nose and eyes, then use a white fineliner to add detail.
The Brother ScanNCut machine is available to purchase from sewingcraft.brother.eu/en!
YOU WILL NEED:
Cardstock, various colours
Adhesives: glue, double-sided tape, 3D foam pads
1. Score and fold acetate, 5cm x 20cm, in half lengthways to make a blank.…
We’re not sure about you, but glitzy cards of all shapes and sizes hold a special place in our hearts. There’s something about a bit of glitter and pizzazz that…
If you don’t already, make sure to save your blunter needles from sewing fabrics as these are perfect for paper and cardstock. The same goes for old bits of thread…
Something that always sparks joy in the summer months is the sound of the ice cream van. The rush to find shrapnel, racing outside, the excitement of deciding what to have… it’s…