Are you already a member? Click here to login
The circus looks set to be a hot trend in the craft world throughout 2013 and this issue’s free kit will get you well and truly prepared for plenty of party cards, invitations, decorations and other celebratory creations.
Already registered? Click Here to login
Every month we pick one reader at random and send them the next issue’s kit so that they may experience what it’s like to be a PaperCrafter designer for the day. This issue, the lucky winner of this fantastic opportunity was avid PaperCrafter fan Sarah Jackman Read. In addition to the pretty bird card design that was professionally photographed and printed in the magazine, Sarah also sent us a project that really shows off the kit’s circus-themed stamps and motifs. You can find the instructions for this great circus card making idea below.
Find the instructions for Sarah’s bird card design on page 8 of PaperCrafter issue 62 (on sale now!)
For your chance to become a PaperCrafter Designer For The Day, fill in the form on page 8 of the magazine and send it to Your Paper Project, PaperCrafter, 1 Phoenix Court, Hawkins Road, Colchester, Essex, CO2 8JY. Alternatively, email your name, address, email and telephone number to firstname.lastname@example.org. See page 8 of the magazine for terms and conditions. Please note the winner is drawn at random and there is no need to submit project samples.
• Die cut a frame-shaped aperture from the front of a pink card blank. Set the cut-out card aside for now. Stick two layers of floral tissue paper, a length of ribbon and a chipboard element to the inside of the card as shown.
• Using the stamp set included in your kit, stamp and emboss bunting images and the phrase ‘The Greatest Show On Earth’. Glue the ‘Party Time’ sentiment at an angle in the bottom left corner of the aperture.
• Snip the image of stripy ribbon from the kit’s packaging and adhere this on top of the ‘Party Time’ sentiment. Add lengths of blue ribbon and a die=-cut flower made from the pink card you set aside earlier.
• Cut around the bunting from the kit’s flocked paper and attach it to the top and left-hand side of the card, curling it slightly. Add a wooden star and gems as shown. Finish the card by drawing outlines along the bunting in white gel pen.
YOU WILL NEED:
Stamps, Create A Smile Best Bugs
Dies, Xcut Nesting Hexagons
1. Cut two pieces of white card to 14cm x 20cm and score…
YOU WILL NEED:
Dies: My Favorite Things Die-Namics Cross-stitch Rectangle
Stamps: My Favorite Things Fairy-Tale Friends
Embroidery thread: green, red, yellow, blue
Ink pad, black
Tool, fabric tracing wheel
YOU WILL NEED:
Dies: Tonic Studios Essentials Cross Stitch Circle Layering; Concord & 9th Just Because
Stamps: Clearly Besotted Scrumptious Occasions; Concord & 9th Just Because
Ink: Jet Black Archival; Ranger Distress Broken…
You will need:
Card: 210gsm textured white, 210gsm coloured card
Embellishments: glass beads, metallic sequins, acrylic gems
Sakura Quickie Glue Pen
Adhesive: PVA glue
Tools, spreading, scalpel, craft knife
1. Take a…