Make the most of the shaped blanks that come free with issue 62’s kit by following this card making tutorial by Corinne Bradd. A length of ribbon here, a flat-backed gem there; these small touches turn the cherry and apple blanks into contemporary cards that are perfect for invites or just for saying hello.
Already registered? Click Here to login
PaperCrafter kit, Spare card, Double-sided tape, Craft knife, Scissors, Glue
• Using sharp scissors, cut out two rows of bunting from patterned paper. Leave a 1mm blue border around the design to ensure the bunting holds together. Use foam pads to drape the bunting across the apple card at different angles.
• Press out the 'Party' chipboard tag. Cut two 7cm pieces of pink ribbon and thread one through each hole. Fold over and fix with a small foam pad before clipping the ends neatly. Fix the tag to the centre of the card.
• Fold a cherry blank in half and trace around it onto spare card. Create another template for the vellum insert by tracing inside this shape, leaving a 1cm margin all around except at the fold.
• Use a craft knife to cut out the white card between the cherry stalks through both thicknesses of card. Fold the cherry vellum sheet in half and place the template up to the fold. Draw and cut out the insert and fix inside the card with double-sided tape on the top edges.
• Glue two pairs of flat-backed gems to the cherries as shown. Carefully trim the scalloped cherry charm from the kit's backing board and fix to the bottom left with foam pads.
Flip cards are both incredibly fun to craft and receive. If you’re looking to send something extra special to your loved ones this season then why not recreate these playful…
Craft essentials (see p94)
Template from papercrafter magazine.co.uk
Markers: coloured, fineliner
Ink pad, black
Download the segmented star template from our website and print it onto cardstock. With a black…
Dies: Spellbinders A Sweet Christmas, Mistletoe Gatefold, From Our Home To Yours, Mistletoe Doily
Marker pen, grey
Nuvo drops, green
Layer blue card onto a white side-folding blank,…
Accessories Pack, Sara
Wishes; circle, oval
Ink pad, black
Take a 10.5cm x 15cm top-folding blank and cover with teal card. Trim patterned paper…