Are you already a member? Click here to login
What a great gift idea! Turn plain glass candles into works of art with our how-to
Already registered? Click Here to login
YOU WILL NEED:
Punch, lace border
Ribbon: yellow, lace
1. Measure the circumference and height of two glass candles. Draw two rectangles onto patterned paper, adding an extra 1cm in circumference to allow the ends to overlap. Make one 1cm taller in height and the second 3mm taller.
2. Place a strip of double-sided tape on the overlap section but do not peel the backing paper off. Trace the butterfly template onto the smaller rectangle. Cut out the wings of the shape,
leaving the central ‘body’ uncut. Decorate with a green gem.
3. Wrap this rectangle around the candle and fix with the double-sided tape. Fold out the wings. Take the larger rectangle and use a border punch system to create a lace effect along the top edge. Repeat with the bottom edge. Wrap around the candle and secure with double-sided tape.
4. Cover a length of yellow ribbon, slightly wider than the third candle’s circumference, with double-sided tape. Add a section of lace ribbon over this. Attach around the top of the glass jar with more double-sided tape.
YOU WILL NEED:
Cardstock, various colours
Adhesives: glue, double-sided tape, 3D foam pads
1. Score and fold acetate, 5cm x 20cm, in half lengthways to make a blank.…
We’re not sure about you, but glitzy cards of all shapes and sizes hold a special place in our hearts. There’s something about a bit of glitter and pizzazz that…
If you don’t already, make sure to save your blunter needles from sewing fabrics as these are perfect for paper and cardstock. The same goes for old bits of thread…
Something that always sparks joy in the summer months is the sound of the ice cream van. The rush to find shrapnel, racing outside, the excitement of deciding what to have… it’s…