Are you already a member? Click here to login
Ring in the most magical season of the year with issue 153’s Kanban Vintage Christmas cardmaking kit. With its rich, traditional red and green colour palette, this vintage collection harks back to Christmases of yesteryear.
Already registered? Click Here to login
YOU WILL NEED:
Kanban Vintage Christmas cardmaking kit
Dies, postage stamps
Ink pads: Distress Oxide Ink, Tea Die, Squeezed Lemonade, Abandoned Coral, Lucky Clover; brown, clear embossing, black
Embossing powder, silver
Ranger Glossy Accents
Alcohol marker pens
Adhesives, 3D foam pads
Layered Robin Christmas Card
1. Cut cream patterned paper to 10.5cm x 14.5cm. Layer onto red patterned paper, then mount onto a cream blank. Trim holly paper to 5.5cm x 12cm and attach down the right-hand side. Fix a gold rectangular topper on top with 3D foam pads.
2. Arrange a robin, poinsettia, holly and floral toppers towards the bottom of the card and secure with 3D foam pads. Adhere a gold topper in the bottom-left corner. Add a small tag sentiment in the top-left corner and a shaped sentiment with 3D foam pads. Finish with two small circular toppers.
Traditional Christmas Toppers
1. Trim holly paper to 12cm x 16cm, then layer onto a white portrait blank. Cut beige paper to 12cm x 15cm. Stamp a sentiment in embossing ink, then heat emboss with silver embossing powder. Mount the panel onto the card front.
2. Die cut four 4cm x 5cm postage stamps. Stamp robin, poinsettia, holly and bells, then colour in. Ink edges in green, yellow or red distress oxide inks. Adhere the stamps to the greeting using 3D foam pads. Add a bow below the sentiment and two silver enamel dots. Apply Glossy Accents to the holly berries and bells to finish.
Winter foliage card
1. Trim green paper to 11.5cm x 15.5cm. Stamp pine branches along the top of beige paper, 11cm x 15cm, in brown ink, then apply brown distress oxide ink to the edges. Matt onto the green paper and wrap ribbon around the bottom. Adhere onto a red landscape blank.
2. Secure leaves and berries to the card front, then add a sentiment to the right-hand side of the ribbon with a 3D foam pad. Stamp a robin and bow, colour in and attach above the sentiment using 3D foam pads.
YOU WILL NEED:
Cardstock, various colours
Adhesives: glue, double-sided tape, 3D foam pads
1. Score and fold acetate, 5cm x 20cm, in half lengthways to make a blank.…
We’re not sure about you, but glitzy cards of all shapes and sizes hold a special place in our hearts. There’s something about a bit of glitter and pizzazz that…
If you don’t already, make sure to save your blunter needles from sewing fabrics as these are perfect for paper and cardstock. The same goes for old bits of thread…
Something that always sparks joy in the summer months is the sound of the ice cream van. The rush to find shrapnel, racing outside, the excitement of deciding what to have… it’s…