Are you already a member? Click here to login
Give your home a pop of festive cheer by adorning it with a cute tissue tassel garland. This project by Niki Rowland is really easy, simply follow our instructions below. All you need is tissue paper and baker’s twine.
• Take a piece of tissue paper measuring 21cm x 30cm and fold in half so you have a piece that measures 21x15cm with the fold along the top edge.
• Cut strips from the bottom edge up towards the crease. Don’t cut right up to the crease, instead stop 3cm before it. Make these cuts all the way along the bottom edge.
• Unfold the tissue paper. You should have tassels at the bottom and the top with an uncut strip in the centre. Start tightly rolling this uncut strip from left to right. Once fully rolled, twist the middle piece to make the roll really tight.
• Fold the twist in half so that all the tassels are at the bottom and fold the twisted piece to form a loop. Secure the loop by tying baker's twine around it.
• Make three of these in bright pink, three in purple, three in light pink and three in claret. You should have 12 altogether.
• Thread the individual pieces onto baker's twine. Knot the twine around each piece so they don’t move and then hang your garland.
YOU WILL NEED:
Template from papercraftermagazine.co.uk
Print the bauble design from the template onto white card. Colour in with pencils, cut out, then add pink gems. Using a black fine liner,…
Motifs with impact
Ink up the Rue stamp with deep purple and press in the centre of pink mottled card. Stamp the wing part of the motif onto pink and…
Copy the template, then cut out a box shape, measuring 15cm wide. Cut a second shape, reducing the size of the…
Spread an even layer of Deco Foil Transfer Gel through the Gina K. Designs Crazy Daisy stencil onto red card. Lift the stencil and allow the gel to dry…