Hide a secret gift beneath a greeting in this simple and savvy project. Why not try tucking a velvet cushion into the tray to surprise them with a necklace when they slide it open? This project is fabulous to turn to whenever you want to create something that little bit more special, in only nine steps!
Craft stash essentials, ornate label dies, beaded tassel, floral rosette
• Score a 15cm x 21cm rectangle of card, 2cm from all edges. Cut the tabs and fold along all score lines
• Keep the card flat to cover the outer side with patterned paper. Assemble the tray by glueing the corner tabs to the inside flaps
• Punch two small holes in the front of the tray and thread a beaded tassel through them
• Score a 17cm x 30cm card panel to make a central rectangle measuring 11cm. Score and fold up 2.2cm each side
• Cover each side of the outer cover with patterned paper. Wrap around the tray and glue the overlap on the bottom
• Score and crease an 11cm x 17cm card through the central fold and again, 1cm from each end
• Decorate all panels, turn the card around and fix one 1cm tab along the back of the tray cover so it stands up
• Die cut and layer two ornate labels. Stick this and a rosette to the front fold to pop up as the element is stood up
• Cut a 1.5cm x 11cm strip from patterned paper and adhere across the base with foam pads
Slider cards are simple, but they add a fun twist to an ordinary card. All you need are some small coins and 3D foam tape to create the slider element....
Embossing folders are really useful for a whole variety of techniques. Not only can you use them to create embossed and debossed papers, you can ink both sides of the...
There are many ways to pack your cards with vibrancy and create statement backgrounds. For repeat stamping, I would thoroughly recommend a stamping platform to ensure precision and even lines...
The festive fir is a Christmas classic, and this card gives the tradition a contemporary twist while retaining its meaning. It makes for some tricky-looking folding, but it’s really...