Are you already a member? Click here to login
Creating a memorable festive greeting is easy with this Simple Scandi-Style Card bonus make.
Already registered? Click Here to login
Cricut Explore™ machine, Cricut Design Space™ software, 12” x 12” standard grip cutting mat, 12” x 12” Coloured cardstock in three coordinating colours, Cricut Scoring Stylus, Cricut tool set, PVA glue, Sticky Foam pads
This intricate Scandinavian design Christmas card make look complicated but is very easy to make with the precision cut of Cricut Explore.
The Cricut Explore is a great design and cut machine that produces crisp shapes and creases that are great for a wealth of amazing projects. The sleek piece of kit is combined with an easy-to-use online design space that lets users create an array of items from home décor for interior design fashion designs, party decorations or cards and gifts.
Cricut Explore is available from Create & Craft, selected Hobbycraft stores, Amazon.co.uk and other well-known craft retailers and etailers at £249.99 including VAT.
• Connect the Cricut Explore™ to your computer, log on to your Design Space™ account. Select ‘cards’ from the categories menu and locate the ‘Holiday Pattern Card’ project.
• The project makes a card measuring 8.25" x 4.25". To create the project as designed, click ‘Make it Now’. To resize the project or change the message, click ‘customise’.
• Resize the images as required by first highlighting the image and then dragging the corner point. The size appears in a black text box as the image is altered.
• To change the text, highlight and delete ‘NOEL’. Click on ‘add text’ and type the text required. Choose the font from the edit menu and resize the text to fit the card.
• Score and cut the text, card and insert from your chosen cardstock, inserting the scoring stylus into the accessories port of the dual Cut Smart system when prompted.
• Carefully remove the cut images from the cutting mat using the spatula; this will minimise the damage to the image and mat.
• Fold the card along the scored line. Glue the insert to the inside of the card front. Attach the text to the card front using sticky foam pads.
YOU WILL NEED:
Cardstock, various colours
Adhesives: glue, double-sided tape, 3D foam pads
1. Score and fold acetate, 5cm x 20cm, in half lengthways to make a blank.…
We’re not sure about you, but glitzy cards of all shapes and sizes hold a special place in our hearts. There’s something about a bit of glitter and pizzazz that…
If you don’t already, make sure to save your blunter needles from sewing fabrics as these are perfect for paper and cardstock. The same goes for old bits of thread…
Something that always sparks joy in the summer months is the sound of the ice cream van. The rush to find shrapnel, racing outside, the excitement of deciding what to have… it’s…