This month’s Designer for the Day is Angela Dodson and we’re loving her tropical shadow box.
YOU WILL NEED
Craft essentials (see p94)
First Edition Storyteller paper pad
Dovecraft Happy Ever After stamp
First Edition dies: Background, Foliage
Nesting dies: Circles, scallop-edged circles
Ink pad: black
Apply to be our next Designer for the Day by sending an email with your name and address to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Take two 15cm x 23cm pieces of white card, score and fold them at 3cm and 5cm on both short edges. Use a die to create a 10.5cm circle aperture in the centre of one piece.
2. Die cut an 11cm scallop-edged circle from the Storyteller patterned paper pad. Adhere on top of the circle aperture with double-sided tape and trim any excess to fit the card front.
3. Create a 9.5cm circle from both pink patterned paper and white card, remove the circles and glue the outer frames together with pink on top. Using the background die and blank card, cut the shape and stick behind the layered frames.
4. Position the matted panels behind the aperture on the greeting and glue in place. Trim four panels of pink patterned paper, two 2cm wide and two 2.5cm wide, and add to the folded side panels.
5. Using double-sided tape cover the inside back panel with co-ordinating paper. Then add black ink to print ‘Happy ever after’ onto a 7.5cm scallop-edged circle, before sticking to the back panel.
6. Add glue and tape to the outer side panels and attach both pieces of card to create a shadow box. Embellish with gems, sequins, die-cut foliage and concertina-folded rosettes.
Craft essentials, PaperCrafter Templates,Tape, foil, Drinking straws, spotty redMETHOD 1 Take a 7.5cm x 9.5cm rectangle of patterned paper. Cut a 4.5cm x 6.5cm aperture from the centre. Mount...
You will need: Craft essentials, FREE PaperCrafter patterned papers, Glitter paper, Acetate, Glitter, iridescent, Buttons, white, Dies, various circles, Punch, small holeMETHOD 1 Create a 13cm x 18cm top-folding white...
You will need: Craft Essentials, Stamps: My Favorite Things Polar Pals, Lawn Fawn Winter Big Scripty Words, Dies: My Favorite Things Polar Pals, Icebergs; W Plus 9 Landscape Borders, Ink pads:...
YOU WILL NEED: Craft essentials; corner punch; sequins; feather die; sentiment stamp; tape pen, Red Liner tapeApply to be our next Designer for the Day by sending an email...