This month’s Designer for the Day is Angela Dodson and we’re loving her tropical shadow box.
YOU WILL NEED
Craft essentials (see p94)
First Edition Storyteller paper pad
Dovecraft Happy Ever After stamp
First Edition dies: Background, Foliage
Nesting dies: Circles, scallop-edged circles
Ink pad: black
Apply to be our next Designer for the Day by sending an email with your name and address to email@example.com
1. Take two 15cm x 23cm pieces of white card, score and fold them at 3cm and 5cm on both short edges. Use a die to create a 10.5cm circle aperture in the centre of one piece.
2. Die cut an 11cm scallop-edged circle from the Storyteller patterned paper pad. Adhere on top of the circle aperture with double-sided tape and trim any excess to fit the card front.
3. Create a 9.5cm circle from both pink patterned paper and white card, remove the circles and glue the outer frames together with pink on top. Using the background die and blank card, cut the shape and stick behind the layered frames.
4. Position the matted panels behind the aperture on the greeting and glue in place. Trim four panels of pink patterned paper, two 2cm wide and two 2.5cm wide, and add to the folded side panels.
5. Using double-sided tape cover the inside back panel with co-ordinating paper. Then add black ink to print ‘Happy ever after’ onto a 7.5cm scallop-edged circle, before sticking to the back panel.
6. Add glue and tape to the outer side panels and attach both pieces of card to create a shadow box. Embellish with gems, sequins, die-cut foliage and concertina-folded rosettes.
YOU WILL NEED: Craft essentials FREE PaperCrafter patterned papers Dies: circle, scalloped circleMETHOD 1 Create a 13cm x 17cm white blank then cover the front with orange card. Cut tennis...
YOU WILL NEED: Craft essentials Paper collection, Reverse Confetti Cheerful and Kind Dies: SugarPea Designs Dad Words, Paper Smooches Mustaches Tonic Studios confetti AcetateMETHOD 1 Sketch a moustache shape onto...
YOU WILL NEED: Craft essentials Paper collection, Reverse Confetti Cheerful and Kind Dies: SugarPea Designs Dad Words Tonic Studios confetti AcetateMETHOD 1 Draw a tie shape onto paper and cut...
YOU WILL NEED: Craft essentials; Paper collection, Trimcraft Love Letters; Die, bicycle; Stamp, sentiment; Punches: flowers, butterfly, circle; Embossing folder, clouds; AcetateApply to be our next Designer for the...