Love might well be in the air, but we’d like to remind everyone that it quite often starts in the craft room. Valentine’s Day cards are bread and butter to the 14th February, and we like to make sure our readers are stacked with options on how to make that loved one feel extra special – luckily Colette Smith has just the thing with this nesting hearts Valentine’s Day card. Utilising precise stamping, blending, and an inspired use of masking paper, this greeting will raise smiles and hearts all while allowing you to flex your love of crafting. Win win!
Already registered? Click Here to login
You will need:
Stamps, Altenew Halftone Hearts
Dies, Altenew Halftone Hearts Nesting
Ink pads: Versafine Onyx Black; Ranger Distress Oxide Picked Raspberry, Spun Sugar
Little Things From Lucy’s Cards Crystal Clear Hearts
Pen, Spectrum Noir Crystal Clear Sparkle
Tool, ink blending
1. Die cut a large heart from masking paper. Fix towards the top of white card, 11cm x 14cm. Starting from the top, blend Picked Raspberry distress oxide ink downwards to the halfway point. Blend Spun Sugar distress oxide ink from the halfway point downwards, leaving the bottom lighter.
2. Remove the masking paper heart and stamp a tiny heart in the centre using black ink. Die cut a slightly bigger heart from masking paper. Cover the smaller motif. Stamp a medium-sized heart on top in Picked Raspberry distress oxide ink, then remove the mask.
3. Die cut another heart, slightly bigger than the pink stamp, from masking paper and layer on top. Stamp a larger heart in black ink and remove the mask. Stamp ‘Hugs & kisses’ towards the bottom of the greeting in black ink.
4. Add another sentiment below using black ink. Trim the panel to 10.5cm x 13.5cm. Embellish with clear heart gems. Matt onto a white blank, then add shimmer to the black hearts and sentiment.
We all love seeing what we can find on the beach, especially during the summer months. This card celebrates exactly that. Go for a stroll along the shore to collect…
YOU WILL NEED:
Textured cardstock, various shades of pink
Templates (above) or Tropical Flower SVG Files
Digital cutting machine
1. Use the SVG files with your digital cutting machine or download the templates…
Shadow box cards, otherwise known as tunnel greetings or diorama cards, are designed to transport the recipient to picture-perfect backdrops in an instant. In this case, PaperCrafter designer Francesca Vignoli…
YOU WILL NEED:
Dies: Altenew Pattern Motif, Sugar Pea Designs Happy Birthday Script
Paper Pad, My Favorite Things Keep Me In Stitches
Cardstock: white, black
Adhesives: glue, 3D foam pads
1. Mount black card…