Are you already a member? Click here to login
Bring the great outdoors in with this free origami project from Perfectly Mindful Origami – The Origami Garden by Mark Bolitho.
Already registered? Click Here to login
Craft your own indoor garden with this inspiring book Perfectly Mindful Origami – The Origami Garden by Mark Bolitho. The title features over 25 origami projects, such as cacti, pine trees and tulips. Our favourite design is the palm leaf project, so we’re delighted to be able to share it with you. What are you waiting for? Have fun and experiment with a variety of textured and decorative papers to see what effects you can create.
This project is taken from Perfectly Mindful Origami – The Origami Garden by Mark Bolitho. Published by Jacqui Small, an imprint of The Quarto Group (£14.99). Buy your copy here.
• Start with an 18cm x 18cm square, coloured side up. Fold and unfold the square in half diagonally along both axes.
• Fold the right corner in to the middle.
• Press the right edge in to the middle.
• Fold the same edge into the middle crease again.
• Fold both layers of the edge over then turn the model over.
• Fold the outer edge in, then unfold back to a square.
• Fold the right side up along the creased made previously, pleating the section to the crease adjacent to the middle.
• Fold the lower section to the back along the middle crease.
• Fold the corner over diagonally, starting the crease at the upper corner.
• Turn the model over left to right.
• Fold the lower right corner in diagonally.
• Fold the upper right edge in.
• Fold the lower edge in again.
• Open out the fan section.
• The finished piece should look like this once fanned out.
YOU WILL NEED:
Cardstock, various colours
Adhesives: glue, double-sided tape, 3D foam pads
1. Score and fold acetate, 5cm x 20cm, in half lengthways to make a blank.…
We’re not sure about you, but glitzy cards of all shapes and sizes hold a special place in our hearts. There’s something about a bit of glitter and pizzazz that…
If you don’t already, make sure to save your blunter needles from sewing fabrics as these are perfect for paper and cardstock. The same goes for old bits of thread…
Something that always sparks joy in the summer months is the sound of the ice cream van. The rush to find shrapnel, racing outside, the excitement of deciding what to have… it’s…