Are you already a member? Click here to login
Make easy papercut Christmas greeting cards that wow with our BONUS Cricut Explore project.
Cricut Explore™ machine, Cricut Design Space™ software, 12" x 12" standard grip cutting mat, 12" x 12" Coloured cardstock in two coordinating colours, Cricut Scoring Stylus, Cricut tool set, PVA glue
This elegant card design looks top notch and will add a designer look to your handmade festive salutations yet it is is super simple to whip up with the help of a Cricut Explore.
The Cricut Explore is a great design and cut machine that produces crisp shapes and creases that are great for a wealth of amazing projects. The sleek piece of kit is combined with an easy-to-use online design space that lets users create an array of items from home décor for interior design fashion designs, party decorations or cards and gifts.
Cricut Explore is available from Create & Craft, selected Hobbycraft stores, Amazon.co.uk and other well-known craft retailers and etailers at £249.99 including VAT.
• Connect the Cricut Explore™ to your computer, log on to your Design Space™ account. Select ‘cards’ from the categories menu and locate the ‘Christmas Tree Card’ project.
• The project makes a card measuring 8.25"x 4.25". To create the project as designed, click ‘Make it Now’. To resize the project, click ‘customise’.
• Resize the images as required by first highlighting the image and then dragging the corner point. The size appears in a black text box as the image is altered.
• Score and cut the card and insert from your chosen cardstock, inserting the scoring stylus into the accessories port of the dual Cut Smart system when prompted. Use the scraper tool to apply the cardstock to the cutting mat to ensure good contact.
• Carefully remove the cut images from the cutting mat using the spatula; this will minimise the damage to the image and mat.
• Fold the card along the scored line. Glue the insert to the inside of the card front.
YOU WILL NEED:
Template from papercraftermagazine.co.uk
Print the bauble design from the template onto white card. Colour in with pencils, cut out, then add pink gems. Using a black fine liner,…
Motifs with impact
Ink up the Rue stamp with deep purple and press in the centre of pink mottled card. Stamp the wing part of the motif onto pink and…
Copy the template, then cut out a box shape, measuring 15cm wide. Cut a second shape, reducing the size of the…
Spread an even layer of Deco Foil Transfer Gel through the Gina K. Designs Crazy Daisy stencil onto red card. Lift the stencil and allow the gel to dry…