Are you already a member? Click here to login
Use over-the-edge dies for Kitty Day’s shaped card fronts
Already registered? Click Here to login
Gemini’s Magical Wishes stamp and die set is such great value considering you get three separate dies for creating three different ‘over the edge’ style card shapes. As they’re in smaller pieces it makes it incredibly easy to line up the die and cut just that part. The stamp set is also full of extra accessory stamps and sentiments so you can create coordinating cards with just one kit. For the backgrounds, I simply used rainbow coloured distress oxide inks as I find they blend seamlessly with zero hassle.
For the blank itself, I recommend using strong white cardstock that you can easily apply inks onto. For these makes, I used Hunkydory’s Essential Card Block as it’s a great option for blending inks, stamping and colouring in with alcohol pens. I also always use Memento ink when using alcohol markers – this helps to stop the ink bleeding when mixed with the pens. I’ve opted for rainbow colours but you can use any hues you wish to create your own bespoke look.
YOU WILL NEED:
Stamps and dies, Crafter’s Companion Gemini Magical Wishes
Stencils: Lawn Fawn Starry Skies; Craft Sensations Love Hearts; My Favorite Things Cloud Edges
Inks: Ranger Distress Oxide Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Twisted Citron, Peacock Feathers, Wilted Violet; black
Gina K Masking Magic Sheets
Cardstock, various colours
Ink blending tool
Adhesives: glue, 3D foam pads
BELIEVE IN YOURSELF
1. Follow the guidance in our step-by-step to create a card, this time with the unicorn on the left. Stamp a unicorn onto the front panel, mask off the motif, then blend various distress oxide inks in a rainbow pattern. Add a heart stencil on top and apply the same inks through it.
2. Remove the mask from the unicorn and colour it in. Layer a pink pennant onto grey and glue towards the right-hand side. Stamp a sentiment onto white in black ink, matt onto grey, then secure above the pennant. Add silver gems to complete.
1. Create a top-folding landscape blank, 10.5cm x 16cm, this time with a unicorn at the top. Stamp a unicorn onto the card front. Mask off the motif, then blend pink and yellow distress oxide inks through a cloud stencil.
2. Remove the mask from the unicorn and colour in with marker pens. Stamp a sentiment onto white, then layer onto teal. Run a strip of teal card along the bottom of the greeting and fix the sentiment on top with 3D foam pads. Complete with silver gems.
ONE OF A KIND
1. Follow the step-by-step opposite to create a shaped card front. Mask off the unicorn and apply pink, orange, yellow, green, turquoise and purple distress oxide inks across the front panel using an ink blending tool.
2. Secure a star stencil on top and blend the same inks through it. Repeat the process for the inside of the card. Remove the mask from the unicorn and colour in with alcohol markers. Stamp a sentiment onto white, layer onto grey card, then fix towards the bottom. Embellish with three silver gems to finish.
We’re not sure about you, but glitzy cards of all shapes and sizes hold a special place in our hearts. There’s something about a bit of glitter and pizzazz that…
If you don’t already, make sure to save your blunter needles from sewing fabrics as these are perfect for paper and cardstock. The same goes for old bits of thread…
Something that always sparks joy in the summer months is the sound of the ice cream van. The rush to find shrapnel, racing outside, the excitement of deciding what to have… it’s…
For all our fancy florals, luxurious card fronts and sumptuous embellishments, it helps to remember that it’s not all about how it looks – quite often it’s about what a greeting…