Are you already a member? Click here to login
This issue, we partnered up with the kind folks at Cico Books to bring you a fab bonus project from exciting new release Creative Ideas To Organise Your Home by Linda Peterson.
Lampshade, with metal wire frame , Mineral spirits or lighter fluid (optional) , Protective gloves (optional) , Printed pages from a dictionary , Decoupage medium , Tall and short wooden candlesticks , Glue; tacky glue, wood glue, silicone-based glue , Decorative knob , 6 mm dowel screw, Scissors, Chicken wire, Wire cutters, Pliers, Cosmetic sponge, Drill, 6 mm drill bit, Thick cardboard, Small clothes pins
They’re very kindly sharing two thrifty projects with us to try ourselves, and you can find the other one by clicking here. Best of all, they’re offering a penny-pinching discount for us too! Just scroll to the bottom for more details.
Recycle an old lampshade into a neat stand which you can use to pin pictures, notes and other small papers. This would also be cute placed inside a shallow bin that holds paperclips, binder clips, and other handy office supplies.
Buy Creative Ideas to Organise Your Home for the special price of £10.99 with free post and packaging, by calling 01256 302699. Just quote the code GLR9NV! cicobooks.co.uk
• Carefully remove any old fabric from the lampshade if necessary. Remove old adhesive from the frame with a little mineral spirit or lighter fluid.
• Cut the chicken wire to fit the lampshade roughly. Bend the ends around the metal lampshade rings, adjusting the wire to fit.
• Next, decoupage dictionary paper onto each of the candlesticks. Paint them with a coat of decoupage medium, covering them evenly. Don’t allow to dry and set paper down, then apply an additional coat of decoupage medium over the surface of the paper. Smooth out any bubbles. If necessary, reinforce corners with a little extra glue.
• Drill a hole into the bottom of the short candlestick. Cut a circle of cardboard to fit the center lamp-holder ring, decoupage with some dictionary paper and glue in place. Leave to dry thoroughly and then drill a hole in the center. Apply a dab of wood glue into the hole in the short candlestick.
• Thread the screw of the decorative knob through the two holes to join the lampshade to the candlestick. Set aside to dry completely.
• Glue the two candlesticks together with wood glue and let dry. Use clothes pins to attach notes, photos, and small items to the mesh at random.
YOU WILL NEED:
FREE PaperCrafter patterned papers
1 Cover a 10.5cm x 15cm blank with our red spotty paper and fix an elf sentiment panel at the bottom. Glue elf motifs onto…
YOU WILL NEED:
Papermania Enchanted Swan
Die, Xcut 8cm circle
1 Make a 15cm square blank. Take a wreath design from one of the quad pages. Cut…
You will need:
Dovecraft Little Red Robin paper pad
Mini tartan bows,
Spellbinders 2010 Heirloom Ornament dies
JustRite Merry & Bright co-coordinating stamps
Cosmic Shimmer Bright Gold embossing powder
Scalloped edge punch
YOU WILL NEED:
Patterned papers, Paper Addicts Magical Stories 12” x 12”
Embellishments: Simply Creative Christmas Tag, Shooting Star Die, Christmas Twine; metallic snowflakes, wooden shapes, wooden pegs, jingle bells, Christmas sentiments,…