Issue 127 On Sale Now!
We all know the benefits of taking time out to craft mindfully and create something that makes us feel happy. But the trouble is when and how do you find the time to do this? To help you tackle this, we’ve put together four simple, quick card projects that allow you to focus and channel your mind on something creative. So whether you’ve got ten minutes or half an hour, pick a project and take some time to find your crafty zen.
1. Emboss 5.5cm x 10.5cm of yellow card with stars. Add an orange strip of paper to the top of it and wrap baker’s twine below it. Tie into a bow, then adhere a sequin on top.
2. Apply thin strips of patterned paper in a diagonal position onto white card, then die-cut ‘hello’ from it. Adhere the yellow cards onto a white 10.5cm square blank and stick the letters above it.
1. Cover a square blank with blue dotty embossed paper, then draw a branch over the top. Draw and cut out a pink floral paper bird and a contrasting wing. Stick both to the card just above the branch, then draw legs underneath it.
2. Fix a blue button brad to the head and a lilac one to the wing. Make four blossom flowers from 4cm circles of vellum folded repeatedly, then unfold and secure each to the branch with mini brads.
1. Stamp birds onto a white square blank and a sentiment of your choice, then colour the images with markers. Cut strips from coloured scrap paper and fix underneath the birds to create a rainbow effect.
2. Using blank ink stamp a cloud and three little hearts next to the birds, then colour in. Adhere sequins to the card and wrap baker’s twine around the top of the greeting.
1. Stamp a pinwheel background onto white card with yellow ink. Cut away the white segments of the stamped image with a craft knife, then mount onto aqua card. Stick this to a white blank.
2. Print a sun onto yellow patterned paper, mount onto white, trim, then stick to the greeting. Repeat this with clouds, a bird and a sentiment, changing the colours accordingly. Attach all of the elements to the greeting with 3D foam pads and decorate the clouds with glitter dots.
In need of more crafty supplies? Click here to download and print 50 free papers!